Teacher, Visual Merchandising Department, TAFE Sydney Institute
David Jones, Sportsgirl, Topshop (Oxford Circus UK), Witchery, IKEA, Jigsaw, Bonza Brats, WOW productions, Part-time teaching – Visual Merchandising Ultimo
1. What do you see through windows?
A space to inspire, create, inform, express and to communicate.
2. What gets your attention in a window display?
Something that makes me STOP, look… experience and be inspired! or takes me away to another time, another place!
3. What feelings are evoked when you gaze into a styled window display?
Hoping, Wanting, Wishing, Desire, Cheeky, Sexy, Sassy, Naughty, Beauty, Elegance, Happiness, Visual Fulfilment!!!
4. Describe your most memorable window display moment?
Living in London & experiencing the wide range of visual dreams that are created by talented individuals & teams on a regular basis.
5. When was the last time a window inspired you to go into a retail store?
Anthropology… if only they were in Sydney!!!
6. Did you always want to work in the world of window display or was it an accidental career choice?
Completely intentional from the moment I found out it was considered a career, I was there !!!
7. What was your first job that involved retail window display?
Junior at David Jones Department store, part-time while I was studying at TAFE, Ultimo.
8. How much of the creative work you do is part of your social life?
A large part of my social life is due to the connections & friendships I have made through my retail & Visual Merchandising career.
9. Who or what inspires you in your work?
My family, my students, their ideas, their passion to create! & anything visual…
10. What is your wildest dream for a window display?
Secret… Watch this space!
1 November 2011
Belle Flaneur is a modern
creation site for bright talent
to collaborate, develop
and shine. Our community
celebrates the aesthetics
of the city by transporting
street style to the
information highway. We strive to redefine, repurpose & reuse discarded objects to create sustainable concepts.
Copyright © 2011 - 2012
Belle Flaneur. All rights
reserved. Do not use
or reproduce without