1. What do you see through windows?
The image of the shop, a quick study, an entrance, a quick step to get one to enter the shop.
2. What gets your attention in a window display?
A person walking past a window, you have 2 seconds to stop them, using color, movement, fantasy, magic and drama.
3. What feelings are evoked when you gaze into a styled window display?
A feeling of wanting something, style, luxury, lifestyle – it can be yours.
4. Describe your most memorable window display moment?
Working with Gene Moore at Tiffany’s on an Easter window – eggs, butterflies and real grass – that needed to be watered. Always Christmas. Neon in Paul Stuart, creating magic with lux neon, a gentleman playing a cello with the bow made of neon, or gentleman with flying music, playing a neon violin – pure magic
5. When was the last time a window inspired you to go into a retail store?
The Ralph Lauren women’s on 72nd street. New and amazing, magic in the windows and every corner of the shop – worth the journey!
6. Did you always want to work in the world of window display or was it an accidental career choice?
eer… choice? Seems like I always wanted to work in windows, I love the magical space, the street, theater, amazing lighting, the drama. Then doing it all over again in the same space, the craft and seeing your vision come to life.
7. What was your first job that involved retail window display?
Doing holiday displays on my family front porch, creating my own window. Then getting behind the glass at Bergdorf’s – Neiman’s – Tiffany’s – Bendels – Paul Stuart.
8. How much of the creative work you do is part of your social life?
9. Who or what inspires you in your work?
Everything around me, street theater, children’s art, mother nature, the craft of windows – all the wires and pins, making magic, stopping traffic, humor and always a touch of wit!
10. What is your wildest dream for a window display?
My next window… ????????
10 November 2011
Belle Flaneur is a modern
creation site for bright talent
to collaborate, develop
and shine. Our community
celebrates the aesthetics
of the city by transporting
street style to the
information highway. We strive to redefine, repurpose & reuse discarded objects to create sustainable concepts.
Copyright © 2011 - 2012
Belle Flaneur. All rights
reserved. Do not use
or reproduce without